Thursday, February 20, 2020

Bay Area Planners Meetup

Venue: Coro Coffee
Date: February 16, 2020
Time: 1:00 pm

CoRo Coffee - CoRo means Coffee Room.

It was a nice Sunday afternoon to be out and hang out with other planner-minded beautiful individuals. I RSVP'd to the event weeks ago, and I prepped myself for my Uber ride. (The venue was in downtown Berkeley, and knowing how parking is in that area, I wouldn't even imagine driving.) I hauled up my walker and planner bag with me and rode all the way down to 5th street.

When I got inside CoRo Coffee, it was all packed. Luckily, I found the organizers of the event and sat with them. It's always good to arrive early in a planner meetup. The chairs run out if one arrives late. I guess it's good to have my walker since it has a chair on its own. Anyway, I placed my stuff by the table and walked to the counter to order. I was happy to find out that they serve poached eggs without toast. They just added a few more greens. That was my lunch with a cup of nicely made cappuccino.

Poached Eggs with Salad

Cappuccino

And the planning started... We brought out all our planning tools: pens, stickers, washi tapes, etc. We decorated, we arranged and rearranged schedules in our calendars. We checked what's happening with everybody else's planners. We compared tools. We ogled, viewed, and drooled with some of the wonderful planners and accessories old and new. Yes, we go ga-ga over notebooks and colored inks.



It was two hours of hardcore planning. Err... more like talking and sharing notes. HaHa! Surprisingly, there was this raffle that the organizers do every meetup, and this time I won! OMG. It was awesome!

Me with my winning swag.

Winning swag bag contents.

We even recruited someone from the coffee shop patrons. He randomly asked what our group was about. We told him about planners and stuff for it, and he pulled out his bullet journal. Wow! So, he added his BuJo in our planner stack, and he even joined our group photo at the end of the event. Amazing!

Planner Stack!


My finished week spread.

I love planner meetups! I'm looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and commenting. I will try my best to reply as soon as possible. - Sonnia