Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Pandemic 2020

It's been a long hiatus and there are so many things to post about, but I will tackle one topic at a time so it doesn't sound cluttered. The pandemic kind of helped me develop a decluttering habit. HaHa!

Around mid-March, it was announced that we should shelter-in-place. That announcement happened during the end of the second Plannercon day. We never had the chance to experience the third day because everything was shutdown. My husband and I drove home the next day.

For several months, I have stayed at home reading and watching news about the ongoing pandemic. I have gone out only for medical/dental/vision purposes. They're essential. Of course, I wear a mask every time.


Currently, we have a death count of around 210,000, plus or minus. It is horrible. I knew a couple of friends who passed away because of the Corona Virus and there are still a few battling it in the hospital as I write this blog. It is definitely not something to trifle with.

For months, everything in my planner/calendar/journal got cancelled. My used-to-be-colorful pages became blank. Motivation/inspiration disappeared and depression/anxiety took over. My meetups with friends can no longer happen because of safety protocols. It is better to be safe than be in the hospital alone and can't breathe. My lifeline with my tribe is broken at the moment and it adds up to the depression and anxiety that attack everyday.

Fortunately, virtual meetings and classes became popular because of the pandemic.


Well, they were around before that, but they became practically useful for everybody: school, work, introverts, and ME. HaHa! Seriously though, medical video visits are the bomb. It's easier, it's more comfortable, and I don't need to wear pants. Oops! HaHa! Okay, that's a joke. I wear pants during virtual meetings. You'll never know when an accidental scene might come up. Eew!

Also, it's very convenient to use online grocery delivery or online food to-go delivery. I basically don't get out of the house much. I think my cats are starting to get bored with me. HaHa! Well, not really. They love me more for being around because I feed them all the time. I'm actually following their alarm clock for feeding time. Sheesh! Their company does me good.


My Physician reconnected me with my Therapist and I had the advice I needed in order to cope up during this time. I enrolled in Wild University, which I will blog about in detail separately. I also have online workshops that I need to finish. Those are helping me during this pandemic, and I am happy to write that my planners are again busy colorful, full of hope for the future.

Life still goes on. It doesn't stop even if there's a pandemic. We should've learned something from the past. And yes, we should learn something from what's happening right now. Emotions happen. It's normal. We are humans with multiple emotions, and during this time they're very active. They go in different directions. I can be the only one who can control my emotions, nobody else.

Moving on safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and commenting. I will try my best to reply as soon as possible. - Sonnia